In this article I am going to explain how you can start mining Ethereum using AWS EC2 instance. There are many options you are use to start Ethereum mining, but due to the rally of Ethereum price we noticed that AMD and NVidia Graphic cards prices also rallied by at least 70% of its price.
What is the best EC2 instance to start Mining Ethereum using Amazon Cloud?
First, you must know that there is 3 main EC2 instance that I recommend to use, all mentioned below with prices, of course, not all GPU will be powerful to join TH pool.
What is the best software to start Mining Ethereum using Amazon Cloud?
Therefore, I explain ethminer software which is one the best option, but of course, you can use any other software like bminer
Step by Step Mining Ethereum using Amazon Cloud
Go to AWS console and lunch a new instance.
The best option will be P3 generation
Hourly prices for these AWS EC2 instance P3 generations are:
- p3.2xlarge hourly price is $3.06 contains 1 GPU Tesla V100-SXM2
- p3.8xlarge hourly price is $12.24 contains 4 GPU Tesla V100-SXM2
- p3.16xlarge hourly price is $24.48 contains 8 GPU Tesla V100-SXM2
Each GPU hash rate will be 90MH.
when you finish installing NVidia CUDA then you can check by using nvidia-smi and this is the output
OS must be Linux Ubuntu 18.04, please be note some packages of ethminer is not working well with Ubuntu 20
When the EC2 is up and running, you need to configure the security group to allow ports 3333 UCP and TCP.
Create an account with Ethereum mining pool, here I am going to use sparkpool.com
Now follow these commands to install all packages to run ethminer software:
- apt-get update
- apt-get install -y freeglut3-dev libx11-dev libxmu-dev libxi-dev libgl1-mesa-glx libglu1-mesa libglu1-mesa-dev gcc make libcurl4-openssl-dev autoconf git screen libncurses5-dev opencl-headers build-essential protobuf-compiler libprotoc-dev libboost-all-dev libleveldb-dev hdf5-tools libhdf5-serial-dev libopencv-core-dev libopencv-highgui-dev libsnappy-dev libsnappy1v5 libatlas-base-dev cmake libstdc++6-8-dbg libgoogle-glog0v5 libgoogle-glog-dev libgflags-dev liblmdb-dev gfortran libjansson-dev uthash-dev autogen libtool pkg-config
- wget https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu1804/x86_64/cuda-ubuntu1804.pin
- mv cuda-ubuntu1804.pin /etc/apt/preferences.d/cuda-repository-pin-600
- wget https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/11.2.1/local_installers/cuda-repo-ubuntu1804-11-2-local_11.2.1-460.32.03-1_amd64.deb
- dpkg -i cuda-repo-ubuntu1804-11-2-local_11.2.1-460.32.03-1_amd64.deb
- sudo apt-key add /var/cuda-repo-ubuntu1804-11-2-local/7fa2af80.pub
- apt-get update
- apt-get -y install cuda
- apt-get install software-properties-common
- add-apt-repository ppa:ethereum/Ethereum
- apt-get update
- apt-get install ethereum geth
- mkdir ethminer
- cd ethminer
- ./ethminer – stratum1+tcp://workername@URI:3333
Mining ZCASH using CPU
Follow these steps also to install ZCash mining software
- git clone https://github.com/nicehash/nheqminer.git
- cd nheqminer/cpu_xenoncat/asm_linux/
- chmod 777 *
- sh assemble.sh
- cd ../../../
- mkdir build && cd build
- cmake ../nheqminer
- make -j $(nproc)
- nheqminer -l eu.zec.slushpool.com:4444 -u exampleusername.worker1